Friday, September 14, 2007

"30 Sumthin"

In 1977 Elvis Presley "The King Of Rock and Roll" decided to get "High" and never come down. The man responsible for introducing a whole new culture of music and the way we live as a society. With life in the palm of one hand and money, women, drugs and anything else both you and I can only dream of in the other hand, the "King of Rock and Roll" left it all for pleasures unknown..........30 years ago a legend that had no clue of his impact for generations to come ended his life while my life was just about to start. In two weeks I turn 30 and though my life does not compare to the "riches" and "pleasures" of one Elvis Presley, I still live smack dab in the middle of the culture produced by the legend that we still refer to as "The King of Rock and Roll". 30 years ago on October 1, 1977 my journy began. My life has been a roller coaster ride of twists and turns. I've been half way around the world and back, I've got stories of success, I've got stories of failure and in the midst of all my twists and turns in this journey I call life my greatest fear is the "Mid Life Crisis". No I am not depressed because I know eventhough I have as many issues as the next person my life does not consist of drugs and false hope. I enjoy the friends that i bring smiles and happiness to, I enjoy the way I can make people laugh, and I also enjoy the culture of music and life that the "King of Rock" introduced me to 30 years ago. This is my BLOG.......any emotion or opinion is welcome, wheather you feel like your world's caving in on you or you just want to vent your frustration, go ahead and make a statement, because the greatest joy I have is making people laugh.....and that my friend is the best way for me to deal with the ups and downs of this adventure we call life.

4 comments:

Allyn Paul said...

Just don't get married and your life with continue to be free!
LOL

Interesting is that Elvis' music still appeals to generations today, as well as his lifestyle.
AL

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Anonymous said...

Danny,
What in the world are you doing and where in the world are you?
I am trying to connect B-1 night bus to the present...gbcoflockport@juno.com

samokdaddy said...

The hair, the sneer, the moves...he was the king. He kind of took a detour with the white rhinestone jumpsuits and the karate moves on stage, but hell...it was Vegas...everyone's entitled to just a little weirdness. Drive on my man and have a happy 30th.